This post was most recently updated on May 1st, 2018
If you’re planning to visit Siem Reap, Cambodia, there’s only one place to stay: The Central Suite Residences.
The hotel is conveniently located in Soksan Road, Old Market Area, Siem Reap. It is within the vicinity of all attractions in town, and about 20 to 30 minutes drive from the Angkor Archaeological Park. For the avid “nightlifer”, it’s certainly convenient, just a five-minute walk to Pub Street, – Siem Reap’s nightlife scene comprised of bars, restaurants and shops.
Central Suite Residences, which has only opened quite recently, already takes the 3rd spot in the ‘10 Best Hotels in Siem Reap’ by TripAdvisor. This 4-storey hotel does not feature stunning lobby or the most luxurious of dining experiences. However, this establishment is quite a compelling place to stay, with its stunning rooms and complete facilities including a stable internet access, spa, pool, and a poolside bar to make your swim more enjoyable.
How to Get To Central Suite Residences:
Once booked, going to hotel from Siem Reap International Airport is not a big problem since the package already comes with a free round trip airport transfer. In our case, as we landed in the airport, two guys were already waiting for us. They accompanied us to the hotel using their popular means of transport, the Tuk Tuk.
One of Siem Reap Top Hotels: Central Suite Residences
Guests will appreciate the concierge’s greeting upon their arrival as they are each welcomed with a cold hand towel and a very refreshing lemongrass tea drink (really tastes different from the ones I had in Manila!). For our whole stay in Cambodia, we booked a family suite room for 3 nights and a deluxe twin room for 1 night via Agoda. Rooms cost around $117 and $65 per night respectively including daily buffet breakfast and seasonal fresh fruit basket upon arrival.
Room Experience in Central Suite Residences
The family suite rooms at Central Suite Residences are very spacious. It fits one queen-sized bed and 2 double beds, a couch, a desk, and a dining area. The deluxe twin room, on the other hand, includes two double beds. On top of that, there is also a balcony where you can enjoy the view of Siem Reap and the neighbor Khmer Mansion Hotel while having your smoke. Like the lobby, the room is decorated with traditional Khmer figures which make a good color combination of white-red-black. Every detail seems to encourage rest and relaxation – from the soft beds, to the aroma of lemongrass scent, a glass door that separates the sleeping area from large marble bathroom with rain showers and aromatic toiletries.
Central Suite Residences Reviews
What I Liked
- Location – The area is pretty close to every kind of activities, meaning you are never far from all Siem Reap has to offer. There is a big cut on your budget as you don’t need to ride Tuk Tuk when going places, but when you need to, it is very easy to take public transportation seeing that there are already Tuk Tuk drivers waiting just outside the hotel.
- Service – Service is outstanding. We were always greeted with smiles every time we return to the hotel after a day out in the city and everyone at the hotel was genuinely helpful to our concerns.
What I Disliked
- One thing I only noticed about the family suite room is the air conditioning; the single air conditioning unit was not enough to cool the room, considering that Cambodia has a very hot climate.
- With the free daily breakfast, the food was good but it would have been better if there were more food option every day. They had almost the same menu every morning.
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside bar
- Free WiFi in the entire hotel area
- Free parking
- Lift/Elevator Access
- Lounge area
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Safety deposit box
- Hair dryer
- Private bathroom
- Bathrobes and towels
- Cable TV
- Iron/Ironing board
Here are the Top Things To Do in Siem Reap.